Product Development Engineer III
Feb. 23, 2022
This position is responsible for completion of product development deliverables for client companies and internal projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Contributes to and leads concept generation and concept development activities (intermediate to advanced level proficiency)
- Completes detailed CAD designs and specification drawings for product development projects (intermediate to advanced level proficiency)
- Completes Engineering Analysis and FEA
- Completes statistical Tolerance Analysis
- Completes Failure Mode and Effects Analysis and supports other Risk Management activities
- Completes Critical Parameter Management Analysis
- Conducts or oversees engineering and verification/validation testing activities
- Maintains detailed records
- Completes documentation in support of project tasks and deliverables
- Coordinates with outside suppliers to ensure delivery of supplies or services (key supplier liaison)
- Actively contributes to and provides group leadership in collaborative project team activities (meetings, reviews, presentations)
- Supports Design Reviews, including functioning as subject matter expert or as independent reviewer.
Required Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technical Field; Master’s Degree preferred
- Expertise in SolidWorks
- Familiarity with statistical methods and GD&T
- Minimum 4 years of experience in a Technical Role; Medical Device experience required
- Familiarity with FDA QSR and ISO 13485 medical device regulations
- Depth of knowledge in one or more medical device clinical areas and product/technology areas
- Customer focus with excellent communications skills, written and oral
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to do this job. The above is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required.
Demonstrates professional intermediate to advanced level proficiency in the following areas for Product Development Staff:
- Creativity and innovation for product development solutions
- Concept generation skill
- Descriptive sketching
- Analytical skill
- “Hand’s on” skill
- Problem solving aptitude
- Mechanical design
- Solidworks part, assembly, and configuration skills
- Solidworks drawing skill
- Manufacturing process knowledge
- Materials knowledge
- Documentation quality
Demonstrates increasing aptitude in project leadership roles, including functioning as technical lead on medium to large sized projects or as project leader on small to medium sized projects.
Demonstrates intermediate to advanced level mentorship in supporting growth of Product Development I and Product Development II engineers.
Demonstrates strong aptitude and confidence in customer interface and communications.
$68,000 to $101,000 (10th percentile/90th percentile, PayScale data); Bonus eligible depending on achieving company performance targets
This position will be eligible to enroll in benefits including health, dental and vision programs as well as AD&D and Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401(k). Position will accrue 15 PTO days per year and 1 additional day for each year of service (up to 25 days).
Apply to: email@example.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Meddux Development Corporation is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, pregnancy or a condition related to pregnancy, age (as defined by law), disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or based on any individual’s status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Meddux provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please contact Human Resources.